Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Review: Running for My Life by Lopez Lomong

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this ebook free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

This is an amazing book. The full title, Running for My Life: One Lost Boy's Journey from the Killing Fields of Sudan to the Olympic Games explains what this book is about. It covers Lomong's journey from the time he was kidnapped as a boy by rebel soldiers til 2011. In 2008 he was a runner in the 1500 track and field event for the USA. It is an amazing story of God's grace and how God's hand was on Lopez the entire way. It is a must read. It will inspire you. It will move your heart to worship God who is sovereign over all things even things we cannot understand.

I really want you to read this book because it is a very inspirational story. It chronicles the author's life yet how he can clearly see God in his life through the good and the bad. Also, the author has partnered with World Vision to help those in Sudan who need help in getting clean water, education, medicine, and farming. Just purchasing a copy of this book would send some of the proceeds to this worthy cause.

I am not going to tell you much else because I want you to read it. I want you to wonder how a child from Sudan ends up an American citizen. I want you to wonder how he became a runner worthy to compete in the Olympics. I want you to support this worthy cause. So get it and read it for yourself.

I am very excited to see how he runs in the Olympics on Saturday. He has already qualified for the mens 5000. He is running for a medal on Saturday. He is very aware of the importance of running for something bigger than himself. He runs for God, for USA, for Sudan, to help those who cannot help themselves. 

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff