Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Psalm 119 ~ Week 13

0 comments
 
מI love this next section and how it speaks of the Psalmists dedication to the word. It is so inspiring to me. I feel this at times then at other times I do not. However, one thing I have learned is that feelings will deceive you. His word is truth and never changes and truly is the best thing in my life no matter how I feel emotionally.  Cultivating a love for His word is key to this! When it all boils down to it His word is all that matters. All that will truly sustain you!


If you think about it this way, pretend you had a father you adored. He cherished you and loved you so deeply. You felt secure when he was around. You hung on his every word. But then he dies. It devastates you, only to find a letter written by his hand to you. What would you do with that letter? 


I know what I would do, I would cherish it! I would hold it close and memorize it. It would be what would sustain me and help me keep him close to my heart. We have that with God's word yet our God is alive! He is coming back for us and His word is what sustains us until then. We must hang on every bit of it with anticipation knowing it is enough to get us through. He is coming, He is enough, His word will sustain the weary and encourage the cheerful.


 Mem
 97 Oh, how I love your law!
   I meditate on it all day long.
Oh what our lives would look like if we always expressed this! The outside world would be compelled to look into it. Agree or disagree with this?

98 Your commands are always with me
   and make me wiser than my enemies.
Oh how His words do stay with us always and make us the wisest in the land. His ways are always best.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
   for I meditate on your statutes.
Anyone who meditates on His word continually will have the most insight. The Psalmist understood this rightly. How much do you meditate on His word?

100 I have more understanding than the elders,
   for I obey your precepts.
Again, no matter position or age if we keep His law continually before us and our hearts we will have more understanding than others. spiritual insight will be plentiful with us. Have you seen this to be true?

101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
   so that I might obey your word.
It is discipline and work on our part to keep ourselves from evil. We must say no to it in order to obey His word and with so much temptation out there and the world against the Christian way this takes a stronger love for God and His word than the world. When we love Him more we will say no to the world.

102 I have not departed from your laws,
   for you yourself have taught me.
God is our teacher, we must listen to Him and be not departed from his laws.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Oh think of the sweetest dessert your heart desires. How how much sweeter and delicious are God's words to us! How precious is that!

104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
   therefore I hate every wrong path.
As we gain understanding and grow in love with His word we will come to despise wrong paths. That is evidence of growing in His word!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff