Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lessons Learned from the Fire

1 comments
 
Simplify.
One of the main things I have learned in this time away from our home is that I have way too many things. I have all I need here at this hotel room and I am not missing anything at our home. What does this mean for us? A major purge is coming! I will probably try to have a garage sale just to try to make a little money to help with our expenses through this ordeal and trial but the rest I am giving away. I cannot believe it took a fire to help me see that. I think I was just in denial really because I do complain often about messes. I see the overflow of toys and things coming into areas they should not be located. Now I am certain we just don't need all that stuff. Simplify is what is happening at the Parsley home. The girls have been talked to so I hope this transitional period will not be terribly painful for them. They have come to realize all they need they have here too.

Priorities.
Honestly I knew this already but helping my family in continually pointing them to the cross is what matters. This tight space and trial is exposing yuck in all of our hearts. It is most important we encourage one another to look to HIM who can change us. He is showing us the sin that needs to be released and let go. He is our all and main priority.

Commitment.
In life God entrusts each of us with certain trials. They are what help us become more and more like Him. They are what is given us as an honor quite honestly because we get to share in the sufferings of Christ. God does major work in these times. In this I can see that I have a renewed passion to help Hannah in her areas of struggle with Autism. Thankfully she is very high functioning to the point that unless you have a trained eye and discerning heart you will most likely miss it. However, in these trials I see her difficulties more clearly and have a renewed passion to help her through them. It is God's grace to let us go through these times of unpredictability now when she is under our care to help her learn how to handle it in a healthy way. It is hard but we are a team and work to help her.

Also, I see the work that is needed with little man. He has certain delays and issues that have become more exposed while being here but I also have a renewed passion to help him become the best young man he can become. God helps my heart see and discern. I am thankful for that.

I also have been able to see just how responsible my oldest is. How she has taken charge in a good way and been so helpful. I am really glad for her maturity in Christ and how she desires to be all God wants her to be.

My husband too I see where I am failing as a wife to him and want to be more of what he needs. Praying I will not be as worn out dealing with all these needs so I have time for him as well.  He cannot be last priority on my list.

Friends.
There are true and amazing people that God puts in your life to encourage, pray, and love on you. I am so thankful for all of them. So thankful that I would have a house to stay at or two or three if we did not have insurance. Meals provided if we did not have insurance. So many things that friends do because they care for you. I am so thankful for that and it is in trials you see this more clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing and humbling!! thanks for posting this and praying for you and your family during this transition!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff