Monday, April 2, 2012

Psalm 119 - Week 12

3 comments
 
Well we are officially half way through now! What great diligence and effort you have made! Thanks for sticking to it and I hope you are learning as much as I am. No reading of God's word is pointless. It is an amazing living book. God's word is so precious. Praying we will continue to be ignited by it! Today I copied Scripture from the NLT Translation.

Lamedh

89 Your eternal word, O Lord,
    stands firm in heaven.
Isn't it nice to know that God's word is firm and stands firm in Heaven. It is not the kind of word that is simply typed and printed but word that originated from the mouth of the creator of the universe. It comes from before time and exists there after. It stands firmer than anything else in God's home in Heaven. It originated from Heaven. What a perfect word. A word that never changes. Do you believe God's word is perfect?
 
90 Your faithfulness extends to every generation,
    as enduring as the earth you created.
How God is amazing and never changes. He is not like a shifting shadow. He is constant. He will extend His faithfulness to every generation until none remain. How amazing is His faithfulness until the earth is no longer. I love that. How does it make you feel that God is solid and not everchanging like human beings?
 
91 Your regulations remain true to this day,
    for everything serves your plans.

Every word of God's is true. In fact it is the only thing that is solid and can be trusted 100% of the time. I know many honest people but still their words can be mistaken or mixed up. This is not the case with God. All things serve His sovereign plan. Nothing is a surprise to Him. We must trust His word and promises. Have you every found a promise from God's word not true?
 
92 If your instructions hadn’t sustained me with joy,
    I would have died in my misery.
One thing that God's word does is sustain us in trials if we lean on it and believe it by faith. It can also help prepare us for those trials that are yet to come. How has God's promises sustained you?
 
93 I will never forget your commandments,
    for by them you give me life.
Oh may this be our prayer, that we will never forget His commandments. May they rest firmly in our hearts so we can recall them at all times, but especially in times of need. I have a hard time memorizing Scripture but the Holy Spirit will bring to mind a specific verse or verses when I need it. Have you experienced this? Please share.
 
94 I am yours; rescue me!
    For I have worked hard at obeying your commandments
Spurgeon says this of this verse and I liked it, " when the Lord sets us seeking he will not refuse us the saving. He who seeks holiness is already saved: if we have sought the Lord we may be sure that the Lord has sought us, and will certainly save us." Oh how precious it is that we are chosen by HIM! Take a moment to praise Him for that!
 
.95 Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me,
    I will quietly keep my mind on your laws.

Oh how it is difficult when we are persecuted for His name's sake. Those wicked ones do find ways to trap us or kill us. Yet being solid and grounded in His word is a way we can be like Jesus and quietly keep God's word. Like Jesus went and did not open His mouth. God will be our defender. His word remains final. Do you have an example of keeping quiet in your life then seeing God move?
 
96 Even perfection has its limits,
    but your commands have no limit.
No one is perfect that ended with Adam. There were great men and women through the times but none perfect. Christ would come and be perfection on our behalf, however before that and before the Word became flesh to dwell among us, His commands came and were perfection with no limit to them. Now that is really cool. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is encouraging to know that when we delight in God's word and law that even in affliction there will be hope. I love verse 96: "I have seen a limit to all perfection, but your commandment has NO limit." Perfection should seem so foreign and unnattainable to us. I am not even sure why people claim to be perfectionist(lol)(myself included) when God's ways are beyond our grasp. I am beyond excited to live in God's perfection for eternity once he returns or once I go heaven. Anyways I am very encouraged and so glad that God has no limit and has all authority and victory.

Judy Veilleux said...

I can definitely relate to verse 92. There have been 2 major times in the past year that God's Word ministered to me in a special way in order to prepare me for a trial that would arrive only a couple weeks later. It sure made all the difference in how I responded to the trial! God is so faithful to provide all we need.

mimmyto3 said...

Verse 93: This verse is very dear to me. I don't always remember scripture verses word by word, but oh so many times I have been able to recall just what I need at a specific time. God's word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, oh so wonderful that God's word does direct me, does give me life. It has for many years been precious to me, but these last 2 1/2 years it has truly been a lifesaver. I praise God from whom all blessings flow.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff