Tuesday, March 15, 2011

She Speaks Conference Scholarship

1 comments
 
Hey all. I want to take a moment to tell you about the best speaker, writer, woman's leadership conference I have ever attended. It is called She Speaks. First the women who lead this thing are completely blessed by HIM. They are humble and loving and supportive of whatever place God is leading you in. It is a safe place to attend to sharpen your skills in speaking, writing, or leadership. It is an amazing conference.

Now the conference does come at a price. It is $595 dollars. It really is worth every penny of this however for some of us this is a small fortune! There has been a scholarship fund set up to give some women a free ticket to this amazing conference. I am so thankful for the generosity of Cecil Murphy who is donating these.

Renee Swope is doing this giveaway over at her blog. She will choose a winner for the scholarship. Now to why I am posting this here. I want to nominate a special woman in leadership for this scholarship. Her name is Amy and she is the women's ministry leader over at the old church we attended. I used to hold this position and after me she graciously took on this huge job. She has done so well in leading women to a closer walk with the Lord. She with a great team behind her plan wonderful women's events, outreach to the community monthly, have a large amount of women's Bible studies going on weekly. She works hard and gives God all the glory. Just last night she asked me if I was attending and she told me very excitedly that there was a woman's ministry leadership tract. She was excited but knew it was a stretch for her because of the cost. Now would it not be very cool if this scholarship was the way she could get to go? We will see.

Give Renee Swope some love over at her blog here. She is an amazing, authentic woman who has continually been an encouragement to me. I have had the opportunity to meet her on several occasions and she is the real deal herself. You will be blessed by her blog.

1 comment:

Mining for Diamonds said...

THanks for sharing this! I will pray that your friend gets to go! I am going, and I am SO excited! :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff