Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Book Review: Becoming a Woman of Influence by Carol Kent

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge for the purpose of review.

I really love Navpress. They are my favorite publisher to review books for. The quality of the books I receive have thus far never disappointed me. So I am excited to say yet again I am pleased with this product.

Becoming a Woman of Influence was a great read. The author writes like she is sitting beside you over coffee. She shares her life experiences along with the examples of Christ. She is a woman who has great insight into the proper way to be a mentor. This is something I have been giving a lot of thought to lately so this book came at just the right timing for me.

Mentoring relationships can be a bit intimidating at times but the author makes it easy. Really as we go and how we live speaks so much more than formally approaching someone to ask if they will mentor us. Some people will just naturally come alongside you as the Lord leads.

I also appreciated how she sought out women who she saw potential in. She invited them to come alongside her in different things she did. This developed great mentoring relationships. I do hope to do that myself. God has called us all to be mentors to someone. I appreciate the layout of this book and how it helps us meet this need.

To purchase a copy of this book you can go to Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff