Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It is official....The Ticks are out again.

1 comments
 

Well tonight we found the first tick of the season in our home. I only praise God that I am not ruled by fear in this, however, I know firsthand what an infected one can do to you. It wrecked my health. I cannot even begin to tell you the vast devastation that can occur because of something the size of an eraser head. I am still twelve years out of dealing with the effects. Ticks can carry several strands of nasty bacteria that are really hard to treat if left unattended too long.

I am not saying this to incite fear in anyone. But I am bringing it up because there are precautions we can take to stay safe. Warning signs to look out for if you are bitten. Things can take place to keep us from getting sick like me.

Spray with bug spray before going out.
Always check yourself after being outdoors.
If you get one attached pull it straight out with tweezers.
NEVER put a match to it or alcohol on the tick attached, it will release its nastiness into you.
Watch for symptoms of a bulls eye rash on your skin. (This does not happen on all infected people)
Watch for symptoms of flu-like illness.

If you get treated right away it can prevent it from wrecking your health. So please just take precautions. It is too late for me, but you can stay safe by doing these things.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great tips, thanks.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff