Thursday, April 30, 2009

Apathy, Lord Break Me

3 comments
 
Lately I have been sensing apathy and indifference in my heart. I absolutely hate it. I don't know how or why this creeps in but from time to time it does. I HATE it. I want to live fully for Christ alone. I want to be broken before Him. So I started to pray for Him to break me again. I think God delights in those prayers because they tend to get answered very fast. So this is one of the things He used to break my heart from my foolish pride and apathy.

Compassion international. There is a group there now and Melissa from LPM is one of them. I read her stories of the journey and my heart broke. I felt compassion and real concern and hurt. For $32 dollars a month a child can be sponsored. Seriously that is only 8 mocha's from Starbucks. Seriously how spoiled am I that I even know that. Just pray about what you can do to help others in need. I am especially moved when I read about how mother Theresa lived. We have so much and really do we need it all? What can you do? What will you do? Let's not stay apahtetic and indifferent with what is going on in the world when we can make a difference.

Go and read the stories at the LPM blog you will not regret it.


Sponsor a child in Jesus' name.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Oh girl I know. I know! All the Inda posts have just done something to my heart. I can't describe it. I am so spoiled.

Love you girl
steph.

Susannah said...

I've been following Robin (PENSIEVE), Melissa (LPM Blog--Beth Moore's daughter) and FlowerDust.net. Amazing stories!

Kay Martin said...

You and apathy...I cannot see it. Your heart is so deep and tender for the things of God. But maybe we all need to be at peace when God brings us to the different "terrains" of our journey. Perhaps He has you on an even plain and He just wants you to take a breath. There is a rhythm of life in Christ that I'm trying to learn myself. I'm learning to inhale on those even meadows and I know it won't be that long before He leads me to a summit to climb or a fast downhill run.

Love you and your heart!!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff