Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stinking Mad

4 comments
 
Hey y'all I just have another lament. This world we live in has gone completely mad! What happened to the days where when someone was down on their luck with a job loss or home loss that the people around could surround them and help get them back on there feet? What happened to those days, huh?

I was driving out of Walmart with my car packed full of groceries to be greeted by a cardboard sign. The sign was held by a very dirty looking person who was with his young adult son. They also had their dog with them. Now think about the scenerio will ya? If you have lived on this planet any number of days I am sure you have seen a scene like this.

It breaks my heart deeply. So deeply. We are in an econmonic crisis. Many people are losing jobs and homes. So the kicker is, were these people for real? I hate even thinking the thought. It is true that it is difficult to get a job right now. Yet, is this situation another scam like we have heard of so many times?

I am at a loss at what to do here. I would love your input. I am a woman. I was alone. Do I stop? Do I give them money? Do I give them some groceries? What would you do?

I said a prayer for them as I passed. I had a big case of water bottles and I felt like I should take them some. So I decided if they were still there after I swang back by then I would give them some water.

As I figured they were still there. Did I mention I was chomping an oreo blizzard on my way back around? I feel so spoiled. I got out of the car with the water. The younger son came toward me and we spoke. I looked into his eyes and he seemed grateful and in need. My heart broke at a loss of what to do. I want to know their story. I want to know what can be done for them. I want to tell them to go to the local church for assistance. I want to bring them here and give them a place to stay. But this world is crazy you do not know what is safe and what is not anymore. Oh Lord help us and do come quicly. He is our Hope as we wait for Him.

4 comments:

Kay Martin said...

Yes, I hurt with each one I see. I do get the opportunity to work in our community development center of our church. I get to give people food and help them with utilities and rent. Our church does this so well and offers help to get them job employment training etc. If they are disabled we help them get to those services.

We must not turn away with nothing. I don't have the answers, but I know we have to care and do whatever we can.

Good thoughts...keep us awake.

ocean mommy said...

My heart is heavy too. The girls and I have been looking for ways to use our God pocket money for situations just like this...It breaks my heart to not be able to do more.

Susan Skitt said...

I feel for you in this dear one. I often wonder too what I can do. Prayer is the first step and you took action that day, even a cup of water in Jesus name is much.

Have a nice weekend.

Love,
Susan

Christina said...

This is a dilemma because no you don't really know if it is real or not. Unfortunately there are some nuts in this worlds and the spoil it for everyone. I'm glad that you passed out the water and are safe. It is always something I think about too.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff