Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Thoughts

6 comments
 
Thanks for praying everyone. I have made it to the gym two times now and tomorrow will be my third time. I am going for three times a week. I have been making us (our family) some wiser food choices. I have been enjoying it all the way. Now I will not lie though, it has been hard and boy have I wanted to treat myself to a mocha for my hard work! :) But I have not because of the 40 day commitment I made to not do that. It is quite a fast of sorts and the fact that it presents itself to be a harder struggle than I thought just goes to show that I probably had some addictiveness or perhaps even co-dependency on those drinks.

My biggest struggle is now being consistent in the word. That is never really much of an issue for me because I love it so much but this trying to find balance has thrown me off some. Please continue to pray for balance. That is what I am going for. I am also making some progress on the home as well. So we are on a good start.

Also, the publisher I was suppose to hear from by October 31st or sooner, I heard nothing as of yet. This has to be the most discouraging part of the publishing process. I just would love to hear a yes or a no. That is all. I am okay either way. Just the not hearing and the LONG process is killing me. I give that to God though. I am only doing this because He has called me to. Through it I found I really enjoy it. However, I get confused about the next steps. I know confusion is not from Him so I will just move forward with whatever next step He gives in His time.

If you would like to read some great encouraging words for the soul today check out Kathy's blog.She always posts the best stuff. Well, I am lifting a prayer for you all my blog friends. I am off to get some time into the word before the day officially takes off. Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, you certainly encouraged me this morning! Thanks for your commitment to the word, to God's best for your family, for your zeal to follow Jesus. May you have a blessed day!

Cheri said...

Angela,
I'm impressed with your efforts so far- good job! I agree with you about the waiting to hear from the publisher. The waiting is always the worst- you just want to know one way or the other.
I'll be praying for clarity for you.

Anonymous said...

Being committed to the word is a tough thing even though you love it..seems like when we take a step in the right direction, the enemy runs in and tries to but a damper on something else in our lives..so we fight harder for our quiet time..I fully understand the battle!

Hey I was wondering where you were this week and then realized it was me that wasn't here! LOL Hey do you still love me, even though you have become so popular with all the new bloggy friends! :) love ya Princess!

ocean mommy said...

I sweet friend. I'm so proud of you for making it to the gym twice already!!

I'm praying for you during this waiting time. Keep seeking Him with your whole heart, He has such plans for you. That is obvious to blogland, but REALLY obvious to those of us blessed to know you in real life.

Love you!
steph.

Susan Skitt said...

Baby steps my friend, all good. Our balance is always found in Jesus :) And the whole publishing process? A good lesson in letting go and letting God, at least it's been that for me :) Keep writing...

Kate said...

I love your new header.

You are doing great Angela and I bet as you begin to feel muscles from working out it will make you excited to continue and maybe even make it easier to say no to the mochas.

Kate

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff