Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Book Review: Midnight Mercies by Chappell

0 comments
 


I was so blessed to be on the launch team for this book. It came to me at the perfect time. I was in a pit of depression, probably the deepest one I have ever been in as of yet. I was stuck in a way. I consumed this book and it helped bring relief. This is no exaggeration. Depression can be long-suffering, so I have reread and listened to the audiobook now that it is also available. It has been and continues to be such a balm to a hurting heart. Especially a mother's heart that is hurting or crushed. In this rough season, this is one of the things that God has used to sustain me.

Why this book? It is because it is written in a way that helps the reader to not feel alone. It is vulnerable and honest. It instills hope, the lasting hope in Christ. It is filled with scriptural and practical applications. It gives action steps and things to ponder.

In any stage of motherhood, this book is helpful. We all go through difficult seasons. This is a book to have on hand for yourself or others you see struggling. 

I received a copy of this book at no charge for the sake of an honest review. 

You can get a copy of this book here. 


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff