Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Book Review: Like Our Father by Fox

0 comments
 

Before I agreed to review this book, I asked myself, "Why do we need another parenting book?" And then I thought that the fact that this book seemed to focus on God and how He parents us would make it different than the others out there. I did not want or desire to read yet another "how-to" book on this topic. I have already raised two children, and have one as a teenager, yet I still have no idea what I am doing. Books tell you so many different things and often feel overwhelming because they leave you feeling like you need to try harder or do better. And what they miss is that each child is a unique creation of the Father. There is no one-way to parenting, if this was the case there would be a perfect family model to follow in the Bible but that simply does not exist. 

However, through God as Father, we do have a perfect parent from whom we can learn. His way and example of parenting us is truly what we need to see for our own parenting. He models the perfect parental example. And it is in seeing that, we can have hope. This book was a breath of fresh air among the others. 

I do not regret agreeing to review this. It kept me interested because it kept me growing in Christ as I saw His goodness while helping me see how I can parent by His example through the grace of Christ as I look to Him and learn from Him. It was deeply motivating and the best book I have read on the topic. 

I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to understand God better as our parent and then how we are to parent our children in light of that. There are also insightful questions for reflection at the end of each chapter that are helpful for thinking deeper or for having group discussions. 

I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon.com here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff