Monday, April 12, 2021

Book Review: The Heart of Anger by Ash and Midgley

0 comments
 


I have read many books on anger. It is a topic that I often choose because I also struggle with anger. Of all the books that I have read on this topic; this one is the best. I did receive a free copy of this book for the purpose of an honest review from the publisher. I wrestled with the idea of why? Why would I want to read another book on this topic? Would it honestly benefit me more than the others? I still felt a bit trapped in this knee-jerk reaction of anger so I thought I'd give this book a try. I am eternally grateful for this book. God gave me a new level of freedom from my struggle because of this book. I praise God for that and highly reccomend it to anyone who struggles just a little bit or desires to understand how others struggle.

I do believe we all struggle with anger at times. It doesn't take long when you look at our world to come up with that deduction. It should be one of those books that are required reading for Christians. Anger isn't always sin but it does and can quickly turn to sin so we need to understand it. God was angry at times. It would seem wrong if we felt nothing when injustices occur in this world. However, this book also explores "cousins" of anger like fear and worry. Overall it is a great help in the Christian walk. It helps the reader have a right perspective on it and how God sees it.

What was different about this book? I think it was the fact that it did a lot of focusing on Jesus. Maybe because it just practically made sense to be in a better way. Or maybe it was just the right timing. Either way this book will be the one I reccomend to the clients that I am counseling.

You can get a copy of this book on Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff