Friday, March 12, 2021

Book Review: Saints and Scoundrels by Guthrie

0 comments
 

I had the chance to review this book for Crossway. I really love Nancy Guthrie's books so I was excited at the chance to review this one. It did not disappoint. It is similar in style to her other books and was what I expected.

What I liked about this book was that it was filled with stories and contrasts of different people in the Bible. Some we know little about and some we know a lot. The reason why I love Nancy Guthrie's writings is that she always finds a way to bring everything back to Jesus. After all, the Bible is all about Jesus, and we can learn from other characters but ultimately we need to focus on Jesus. She is faithful in this task and we are better for it by reading her works. 

This book is not a hard read. It is helpful because it takes you through scriptures and helps you understand the cultural context around it. This helps the reader practically apply the truth to themselves in our times and culture but ultimately see Jesus as beautiful. You will grow closer to Christ after reading this.

I did receive a free e-book copy of this book for the sake of an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon.com here.


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff