Monday, February 2, 2015

Confronted with My Complaining Heart

0 comments
 




If I were on a mission trip in a foreign land and I had no water, I would not complain. It would be understandable.

If I were on a mission trip in a foreign land and I had no phone, I would not complain. It would be understandable.

If I could not get coffee because of no water on a mission trip in a foreign land, I would be ok because well it is understandable.

If I was in pain on a mission trip in a foreign land, I would endure because it is what is needed at the time.

If I ordered food on a mission trip in a foreign land and it was less than desirable I would eat it and not complain.

If my internet doesn't want to connect or is too slow on a mission trip in a foreign land, no problem.


BUT, I sit here in America in my own house without some of these conveniences that I am convinced are my "rights" so when they are gone, I complain. What is the problem with this messed up mindset of mine??!!! Today, as I lost some of these so called "rights", I even cried people, cried!!! 

May I ever have the mindset of mission and thankfulness for all things/good gifts the Father gives His children. Let me not forget that water and phones are not "rights" but privileges and gifts. Oh how lazy and prideful we are in America, I say we because I know I am not the only one who complains over these things we like to call or demand as "rights".

I am thankful for eyes opened to this form of sinfulness. Lord, forgive my wicked heart. Help me to endure these things along with the million other irritations that life brings with a mind of thankfulness. Christ died for me. Isn't that enough? Resurrection awaits. Focus mind and heart. Focus on what truly matters.

There is a tension I struggle with here and now knowing that God is good and is sovereign over all my circumstances yet when I am in the land of plenty, when things don't go my way, I want to complain but if I am in the land of want, I don't complain as much (it looks much more sophisticated at least). This is a double mind, unstable in its ways. I am glad that God has opened my eyes to this and know He is faithful and just to complete the good work in me He has started of contentment. I am thankful that He forgives these sinful tendencies as I confess them.

Above all, I want to be able to say with confidence as Paul did, " for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content" Philippians 4:11b. Content in the Lord that is, and to freely say, "whatever you will Lord, I will live."

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff