Sunday, December 28, 2014

My Top Five Books Read of 2014

0 comments
 


Of course I love books so naturally I will leave you with a list of my top five this year. It was very hard to only pick five books but so not to overwhelm you I will leave you with that (including a few honorable mentions). Feel free to ask me at anytime about other books I love and I will gladly share more with you.

A Loving Life by Paul Miller, This book will wreck your life in a good way. By far this is a MUST read, you will be better off for it. I even listened to the audio later this year and it still struck a cord in me that all Christians need to let sink in. Such a good book! Read it. Do. It will be worth it.

When Helping Hurts-This book is also a must read for Christians. It helps clarify and explain what the Bible says about helping those in poverty and hard situations. It helps you examine your thoughts and guides you biblically as how to really help those who are hurting by not hurting them in the process.

God's Great Plan - This is the BEST gospel-centered and gospel picture written for children I have ever read in such an easy format. I LOVE this book and the clarity it brings for children to best understand the big picture of the gospel story overall. The pictures are also wonderfully done. It is a great book I think should be in anyone's collection.

Look and Live - This book was the most worshipful book I have read and it spurned my heart on to worship. Each page dripped God's goodness. Matt Papa is a gifted writer in communicating God's glory for the reader to easily digest and stop and just worship page by page. A GREAT read and a book I will read again to help me remember the goodness of the gospel and God's glory. Get this!

Spiritual Warfare -  This is a great gospel centered view on Spiritual Warfare. I do believe this topic is to often neglected. This title is a good read and another I believe every Christian should have on their book shelf. Not only was it an easy enough read but it is such an important topic for we are in a war that we often forget. This book will help you pray better and have a greater understanding of God as a whole.

Now these are also really good books that I loved and deserve honorable mentions.

United: Captured by God's Vision for Diversity by -Trillia Newbell, great gospel-centered book on unity. I really loved this and it is an easy read.

Treasuring Christ When your hands are full by Gloria Furman, great book on motherhood and it will greatly encourage you in the gospel as you parent.

Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin, Great book on beholding the beauty of Christ through the Word. I do believe it is a must read for every woman believer.

Risky Gospel by Own Strachan, Filled with gospel goodness and challenge.

The Giver Series by Lois Lowry (Not Christian books but the best fiction I have read this year.)

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff