Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Book Review: Titus for You by Tim Chester

0 comments
 

I loved this book! The "For You" series of lay commentary books are a must read for Christians desiring to understand the Bible in a Christ centered way. They are easy for any person to read, encouraging, and helpful in keeping you staying true to the word of God.

What I love most about this book is that it gave practical suggestions as how the book of Titus relates to us today and how we can live it out in the context of our day to day lives. Not only did the word to Titus apply then but it also applies now in our daily lives. The author did a great job conveying the meaning, context and application. It is written in a way that a new believer could easily understand it but also a seasoned believer would appreciate.

The author broke up the three chapters of Titus as being about "ensuring the gospel is central to the everyday life of the church, so that the world can be reached for Christ."
Chapter one is "about keeping the gospel central."
Chapter two is "about ensuring the gospel is central to everyday life."
Chapter three is "about ensuring the gospel is central for the sake of mission."

Honestly I really appreciated chapter two because being a woman, Titus two as an example to me is taught often. However, I can appreciate the teaching to women and conduct much more in the context of this entire book. It is a breath of fresh air. I was especially thankful for that.

I was glad I read this book. It helped me see the picture of Titus more clearly and I am better off for reading this book. I recommend it to anyone desiring to understand the book of Titus more fully.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from Cross Focused Reviews for the purpose of an honest review.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff