Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Review: Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full by Gloria Furman

0 comments
 

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

After I read the author's first book, Glimpses of Grace: Gospel Meditations for Your Home, I did not know how another book could be any better but this one was just as good. I highly recommend it and would even say it is in my top favorite books on parenthood. I honestly think every mother should read this book. You will be better for doing that. Any book that encourages and continually points you to Christ is worth the time. Get this one! You will not be disappointed!

Books on motherhood are a rarity when they focus exclusively on grace. This book is a gem in doing that. The author writes in a style that makes you feel as if you are speaking over coffee so it is easy to read which is a must for busy moms. The author is a young mom to young children but she writes with a wisdom beyond her years and experience. I also love how the author is authentic in sharing her own mistakes and failures but also how the gospel gives us hope in those.

This is not a try harder and do better kind of book. This is not even an instruction or how to book. This is however, the most important book because it points you to God's grace which is the only power that will rescue us. His grace abounds in motherhood and this book will remind you of this. Grace just flows from this book and to be completely honest, I read it at just the right moment because I was struggling hugely as a mom. I lost my focus and this book helped bring me back. I am thankful for it and will be reading it again. It is a must have! You can get a copy of it on Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff