Saturday, March 22, 2014

Book Review: A Godward Heart by John Piper

0 comments
 

*I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

It is probably no secret that I am a huge fan of John Piper. You can just tell that he is in love with the Lord, so naturally, all that I have read that he has written exudes the exalting love of Christ. He is exactly like this in all I have heard him speak as well. He is just the real deal and I highly respect this man. Of course I jumped at the chance of reviewing something of his. I knew it would not disappoint and it did not fall short.

This book is a simple title from Piper. I love it because it is an easy to read devotional book. It includes 50 meditations of treasuring Christ and how that relates to everyday life. Each meditation points you clearly to Christ and helps you focus on Him which is helpful because we need help as to how to live the gospel daily.

In this top speed, hectic world, it is so easy to lose the focus of Christ as the center of our lives. We live with so many distractions today. This book is great to just take along with you to help your refocusing efforts. Also, it would be an excellent gift book for someone. It would also be great if more of these were published.

I highly recommend it for anyone. Anything that points you to the beauty of Christ is worth the read. Get this one, you will not regret it! You can get a copy from AMAZON HERE.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff