Thursday, January 17, 2013

Some Lessons from Job on Worship

0 comments
 

                                       Picture from google image search wikimedia.commons.org



When you are down and out what is your response? Where do you look for hope?


One response from one man that was filled with faith really astonishes me. I think it is something we can surely learn from. It is the inspired word of God. It was spoken by an unlikely source. However, God knew. God knows us intimately. He knows our words before they come out of our mouths, He knows what is in our hearts. We see this in Psalm 139.

The words I am about to share from Scripture are spoken by a man like us except he was in a trial bigger than most of ours will ever be. It is in these times of suffering we really see what we are made of at the core of our being. They are the things that expose us and reveal if our belief and walk with God is true.

Two things we can remember about Job and what he endured.

1-God chose him to endure this, He knew Job's heart. He knew Job's faith would be sustained through it all because He is the One who sustains us. When all potential idols are removed all you have left is God. Is He enough? Is He what we really desire above all? God knows our hearts already but this trial would show Job what was really in His heart.

2-Job lost all his riches, his family, his reputation, his friends because they were betraying him with hurtful words, his wife who lost all hope and told him to just die, and he lost his health. Many of us store up our security in these things but they are not what sustain us. God allowed these losses to happen for reasons unknown to Job. When Job lost it all he says this astonishing statement;

 
 "For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
    yet in my flesh I shall see God, 
 whom I shall see for myself,
    and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
    My heart faints within me!
~Job 19:25-27 

Now those are some amazing words. We take it for granted that we live in this history time period where Christ came, died, and rose again. We can look back at the cross. Job however had to look forward to the cross. He in the depths of his heart knew he had a Redeemer. He knew he would one day see God. He worshiped in this knowledge! He had faith to believe and worshiped through all the hurt and pain. This astonishes me. It really does. Just take some time to ponder it. Then as I ponder I must ask God to Help me with my unbelief and to help me keep my eyes fixed on Him, the One who has come and will come again for us. This is not our home. Our home is in Heaven with Jesus our Redeemer. Oh what glory that is to ponder in trial or out of it. Glory!


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff