Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Book Review: The Secrets of Intercessory Prayer by Jack Hayford

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book from the publisher at no charge for the purpose of an honest review.

I have to be honest, I want to read any book I can find on intercessory prayer so of course I was interested in this one. One interesting thing I find is that many books on this topic are written by people outside my normal denominational line of thinking. However, I like to read them anyway because they challenge me to see things at different angles. The most important thing is that Christ remain the center and I believe this author succeeds in keeping Christ first and in the center of all.

It was not exactly what I thought it would be when I first read the title. I guess I thought it would be a book more about creative prayer ideas or strategies but this was not what it was about. Instead the book talks about how, why, and when we are invited to partner with God in prayer for others. It takes a look often at community and how to pray for those in the community at different places. It gives many Scriptural examples.

I did find the chapters, Comforting On Another in Prayer and Praying for Someone You Don't Want to Pray for very helpful and healing for my own life. They are very insightful and filled with the love of Christ. Overall this was a decent book on prayer for those in community.

To get a copy of this book from Amazon you can go here.Secrets of Intercessory Prayer, The: Unleashing God's Power in the Lives of Those You Love

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff