Saturday, October 13, 2012

Life is Short, Celebrate Now, A Birthday to Remember

0 comments
 
Yesterday I had the opportunity to remember that our lives are but a vapor. We are here one day and gone the next. Really we must make the most of each opportunity! I find myself more thankful and grateful for my sweet daughter, a gift from God. She turns 11 tomorrow. I cannot believe how fast time flies. Yet yesterday I felt helpless as I was watching her sleep scorching away with incredibly high fever. Her life was in the balance and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

I waited and watched for any movement of body temperature on the increase because I was ready to rush her to the emergency room. I sat silently pouring my heart out to God for her life. Her fever would not break for hours. There was nothing else wrong visibly except aches and fatigue that come with that kind of temperature. This kind of thing does not happen to her.

I waited and watched and remembered she belongs to God. He is the One who has numbered her days. He is the One who holds her in His hands. He knows what is happening, it is no surprise to Him. Though it is hard to find the good in such situations for one I can say how much more I realized I appreciate her life. I am ever thankful for the child He gave me to raise.

Any day can be our last. We do not know how long we have and though we tend to think our children will be with us until we are old and grey it is not a guarantee. I thought of how it must have felt to God the Father when Jesus was being given up for us. It broke His heart but it had to happen for the salvation of our souls. What love! I know He is the giver of all good gifts and has every right to take them when it is time. Thankfully that was not His plan for my daughter and I can celebrate with her these precious 11 years!

I am so proud of her and how she has learned through many trials how to cling to Christ. How obedience is learned through suffering. How her heart is concerned for His ways. For how she is drawn constantly to HIM. She encourages us all. When we are down she reads us Scripture. She has a precious heart of depth. She has perception most people do not possess. I am amazed at the things this girl can do. I love her for who she is. I am blessed beyond means to be her mother. I am thankful. May I enjoy many more years with this sweet sister in the Lord!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff