Monday, May 21, 2012

Psalm 119 ~ Week 16

1 comments
 

Ayin

121 Don’t leave me to the mercy of my enemies,
    for I have done what is just and right.

King David was a righteous king. He could look around and see clearly all the injustices. This is a plea for God to guard Him especially since he made the effort to be just and right.

Today we can see Jesus came for us and we can plea this because we are clothed in Christ, not because of what we have done but what He has done.
 
122 Please guarantee a blessing for me.
    Don’t let the arrogant oppress me!

David is looking for a sure promise. I liked how Spurgeon put it referring to this verse, "We should have been crushed beneath our proud adversary the devil if our Lord Jesus had not stood between us and the accuser, and become a surety for us. It is by his suretyship that we escape like a bird from the snare of the fowler. What a blessing to be able to leave our matters in our Surety's hands, knowing that all will be well, since he has an answer for every accuser, a rebuke for every reviler. "

123 My eyes strain to see your rescue,
    to see the truth of your promise fulfilled.

David could only look ahead to the promise to come. What a blessing it is for us to be able to look back and clearly see Jesus and the promise fulfilled. He is our Rescue. This is pointing to Him.

124 I am your servant; deal with me in unfailing love,
    and teach me your decrees.

As those devoted to God we can know and rest in the fact that He loves us so much that He died for us. His amazing love wraps around us. In that love we can be sure He will teach us His ways and we can safely rest in them.

125 Give discernment to me, your servant;
    then I will understand your laws.

Only by His wisdom can we truly understand His laws and follow them fully. He has given us the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us in all truth. What a blessing that is! We must ask and follow.

126 Lord, it is time for you to act,
    for these evil people have violated your instructions.

Oh how this prayer is often on my lips. How often do you see injustice and cry out to God? Yet He sees and acts at the proper time. It breaks His heart, all sin does but at the proper time the Judge will act.

127 Truly, I love your commands
    more than gold, even the finest gold.

This is also a prayer of mine. I want to love His commands more than the most precious gold. Do you? Oh that we may!

128 Each of your commandments is right.
    That is why I hate every false way. 

I pray too that as we walk this out we will hate every false way. That we will stay far from it knowing that His commands are the only right way. Let us take that way.

1 comment:

mimmyto3 said...

Angela,
Thanks so much for keeping this bible study going. I do pray that I will seek God's way everyday and walk in them. I am seeking discernment in what to do about choosing another church. It is wonderful to know that God is there for us in all that we do if we turn to him, trust him and walk in his ways.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff