Friday, July 29, 2011

Selah

0 comments
 
Pondering the Psalms has been such a beneficial thing for me to do. I am renewing my mind through His word. I have been on the journey for several months now. I have learned that my emotions are okay. They are God given. Believing feelings is not okay always, they deceive. No matter what is going on, God is faithful and His love remains unchanged. So today I hit Psalm 100 (NLT) and I just want to pause and reflect on it.

1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!

I often ponder this, when I am pondering about God, the cross, His love, does it make me want to shout in awe? Or does it become a dull truth to me?

2 Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.

Is this how I approach Him? Or do I just go through the motions?

 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Do I trust He made me, I am His securely, I find rest in Him? Or do I think I am god, I need to make my own security, fretting the entire time?

 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

Do I come to Him with thanksgiving and praise in all things? Or do I find myself grumbling and complaining not able to trust?

 5 For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Do I truly believe this? That everything allowed through His hands is good? That He is faithful to my children and children's children and beyond? Or do I think I know best and fight Him in unbelief?

Lord, this is my prayer today. May I be all these things this Psalm reflects. It is wonderful to pray Your word back to You. Thank You for Your word, thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for loving us. Thank You for the cross.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff