Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Review - Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the sake of review.

This book was a very interesting story of a young man's life as a son of one of the founder's of the Hamas group. It is an interesting story of the middle east conflict. It helped me understand some of the reasons for the fighting in the area. It is a really hard thing to resolve with all the hate and suspicion that goes on there. I was in fact really surprised about much of it. The media airs things sometimes that are off base. I don't need to just believe what I hear, there is much more to it.

It gives gripping information about the inside of Hamas organization, Israel's Army, and other factions. Formerly, a devout Muslim, Mosab, converts to Christianity because he was compelled by the love of Jesus Christ. It is the love of Christ that the author believes is the only thing that will solve the problems. However, tensions and pain run really deep and only God has to power to open the eyes of the people to see this. So there is hope in HIM but only in HIM alone.

I did think this book was a good read. I am so interested in the middle east so it was a book I did not want to put down. Especially hearing this man's personal account. It was informative and opened my eyes to some things. I am so encouraged that He was drawn to Christ even within his strict culture. It shows you that God can call anyone to Himself so don't give up keep praying.

To get a copy of the book click on the link above.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff