Saturday, June 26, 2010

Book Review - Mystically Wired by Ken Wilson

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free from the publisher for the sake of review.

Ken Wilson's book Mystically Wired is a book about prayer. The author tries to help the reader see different ways to pray. He explores lots of research on how our brains are wired and how that relates to prayer. The research is interesting.

This book was not what I thought it would be. I really love the topic of prayer and learning about prayer. I like other people's thoughts and perspectives on prayer. Through this book his stories about his prayer experiences were interesting to read. Also, he gives some good prayer tips throughout the book which are helpful. However, I did not find several things in this book to be theologically sound. It did challenge me to figure out what the truth is in some of this which is always a good thing. But because of this fact I cannot recommend this book. I think it could be confusing to some newer to the faith and not as grounded in the word of God. Also, it was a bit dry making it difficult to read.

Overall, I think the author had great intentions. I think he wrote with conviction and desire to see others grow in their walks of prayer.

To get a copy of this book from Amazon go here.
To get a copy from the publisher go here.


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff