Monday, April 13, 2009

Medication Woes

8 comments
 
Medications can do some really weird things to you. I cannot stand being put on a new one for anything. If it has a strange side effect it will probably happen to me. Never the less I am still fearfully and wonderfully made. God still knit me together this way.

I battle these crazy migraines. They are very complicated and for no apparent reason they tend to get far worse from time to time. When they really flare up from time to time we try some different types of medications that work to prevent these migraines in others.

This particular round has caused severe drowsiness. Now I am talking walking around minding your own business all things are fine but the clock hits 4:30pm and my head hit the ground kind of fatigue. No noise in this world can wake me up from it. Now that is some crazy fatigue. So after this kind of behavior for five days I have had to stop yet another attempt to try to manage these beasts of migraines by medication. But it is so nice to be back. Maybe medication is not going to be the thing that will work for me.

All I know is that God knows my body. He is the Great Physician. He can take these away in an instance if it were for my very best interest. If He allows anything that is an irritant to stay I have to believe it is to refine me more and more into His image. Trials do that to us don't they? What the enemy uses to try to destroy us, God uses to make us stronger than ever before.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

I love that you have such a positive attitude but I'm still praying they go away :)

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree with you more Angela!

I HATE taking meds for various reasons....I feel like a freakin' rat who is being 'tested' on, not knowing which med will work and which one will make me feel 'off'. So I can relate with you there.

I love your ending to this post; that God knows our bodies and how He made each of us so very different. What a blessing to read that you take your trials like your migraines as a reason to refine your walk with Him even more so. That's great!

Susannah said...

Ouch!!! You poor thing.

Recently I was reading that migraines can be caused by allergies. Female hormones can play a role too. I pray you get to the bottom of the cause, and in time, be migraine free!

(((Hugs)))

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Ooooh. Migraines are no joke (as you know). I have them from time to time but I've never had the kind you are having PTL. You are in my prayers sweet Angel.

Sanya

Mozi Esme said...

Praying you feel better soon...

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Angela,

I just dropped in by way of Lisa's site. I wanted to introduce myself. I plan to get to know you better as I read your future postings.

Migraines are a terrible thing to suffer from. My daughter suffers through them sometimes too (her name is Angela as well. You have a great attitude, turning to the Lord to get you through is what you are doing. My prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Christina said...

My 18 year old daughter suffers horrible migraines with strange symptoms. She has had 6 MRI's and will have her 7th next week. They keep an eye on her brain where the pituitary gland is, but so far all they can say is migraine. I have never had one but they look like they are awful. I hope you are feeling well and I pray they find something you can take to knock these out.

Susan Skitt said...

Amen, God is refining us, isn't He? Even though it's so hard at times, He knows what we need to become more like Christ.

Praying dear one for you in your pain for relief as God wills.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff