Monday, February 16, 2009

Leading Women Who Wound - Book Review

5 comments
 
This book is an incredible resource. I believe it should be a required read for anyone leading women in ministry. I am a woman who has been severely wounded by others in the church. If I was given this book to read beforehand, it would have better prepared me for the task and ministry God had at hand. Unfortunately I had to learn many lessons the hard way.

This book was a breath of fresh air. Dealing with conflict in the church is such an important subject but more specifically conflict among women. God desires unity of the body of Christ. Because we women are so relational there is so much potential for us to fall into misunderstandings.

This book was a healing component to my journey. It opened my eyes to things that may have been going on behind the scenes in the conflicts I encountered. It walks through the appropriate way to Biblically solve conflict. It also addresses areas that can be handled incorrectly opening my eyes to my errors. God has given us a ministry of reconciliation and it is our job to be peace makers in ministry. In unity we are strong. This book addresses all of these key areas. Ladies if you are at all interested in ministry can I plead with you to read this book. It will help so much. Seriously if you were serving on my ministry team I would be buying it for you. It is so worth the read.

To get your copy go here.
To view the author's website go here.
To see what other bloggers are saying go here.

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Thanks, Angela! I appreciate your time in reviewing the book. I'm sorry to hear of your painful experiences in ministry. You are one of the reasons we wrote LWWW. Sue and I pray it becomes a useful resource for many in the future.

Susan Skitt said...

Sounds like an important resource.

Satan would love to tear apart the body of Christ. We as believers must be alert and ready and this book sounds like a good way to do that very thing.

Blessings,
Susan

Kara Akins said...

Hey!!!! I am glad you found this book. Think of how many people could use this. Miss you!

Leah Adams said...

Hmm, I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.

Leah

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Avril Benedict

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff