Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blessing Always Follows Obedience

8 comments
 

Isn't amazing how God lets us partner with Him in His work for the Kingdom? I am having one of those David moments where I am asking "Who am I God that you would be mindful of me?" Truth is I am nobody special. The only thing that is special in me is that I am a daughter of the most High King. I am made in His image. I am part of His family.

Yet God has so much more for us, His children. He allows us to be His ambassadors. It is amazing. I am not even sure I have the right words to describe it but I will try with my best ability. Three years ago or more God put the study Abundant Grace on my heart. I wrote it in obedience to Him. Then it just sat for all that time.

I often wondered what God meant when He had me write it. I knew it helped me know and love Him more so that was enough. Yet it still continued to haunt the back of my mind though for what other purpose was it written? Did I miss something? Was I not listening? I didn't want to miss anything God had for me to do. All I want is for His name to be famous.

Right before I visited the island of Malta God impressed on my heart to make that study a first fruits offering to Him. It was my first after all. So I readily offered it up. We started an online group for the study and it was great.

Then, God made it clear when I visited an island that I had never really paid much attention to before. Malta. Paul was shipwrecked there, other than that I did not know a thing. When I was there and got to know the people God impressed on me that the study was for them.

There is a woman there who is a mighty woman of God. A woman God has gifted with influence. God has impressed on her heart to make the study her main focus and ministry. Every place she goes she talks about the study. She is spreading the study all around the island.

The biggest breakthrough is that she took it to the head of a group who does not normally study the word of God for themselves. Tradition has taught them that it was not for the common man to study it. Tradition has taught them that it would drive them crazy because they could not understand it.

This group consists of over 10,000 people on the island. The head of this group read the study and said he liked it. It would be a good foundation to start with in studying God's Word. He is taking it to the council for their approval to spread to this group around the island. But the best part is that God impressed on His heart to start teaching the people to start studying the word of God for themselves. This is an absolutely amazing thing. More than I could even think or imagine. I stand amazed and in awe.

So would you please partner with us in prayer for this effort and group? If you are interested in praying would you please email me by clicking on the contact button above. Also, if God lays it on your heart to contribute financially to this effort or to have me as a speaker at an event please let me know. My information is on the speaking tab above. All proceeds will go toward the effort of printing this study in a more professional way and to send it to the people. No pressure at all, God is the holder of all things and will provide all we need to accomplish His work until completion.

8 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so doing the praise Jesus dance here! YES I will be praying for the council and all those people who are going to be changed as they use this powerful study to teach them about God's Word!!

So proud of you for being obedient and waiting!

love you!
steph.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Wow! What an awesome testimony! Who knew that God would use you half way around the world - where Paul once walked.

Unknown said...

Hi Angela, it's me Sarah.

Of course I don't know you except through blogging, but I must say that I am extremely impressed with your obedience and determination with what the Lord has done with you thus far.

The fact that He laid something on your heart, you obeyed, and then were forced to just sit and wonder....then He moved! That's so awesome and I'm very proud (speaking from one Christian to another) that you are one who is 'doing' and 'acting' instead of just sitting.

You're like the light that doesn't sit under a cabinet or in a cave, but God is putting you as His light waaaaay above a mountain top to shine for His glory in Malta.

This really touches my soul.

Yes, I will pray and continue to pray for God's provision in this study group. It really is amazing! I will ask my husband about the financial giving, because as I said, God is tickling my heart and glossing my eyes as I read your post and even now as I write this reply to you.

God is amazing!

Living Beyond said...

I love it!! God honestly uses you in my life to speak truth to me and to to say "see what I'm doing" Angela I'm so encouraged by and your obedience - just today I had a wonderful time with the Lord reading Stormie's book "Power of A Praying Woman" the lesson was on Obedience - boy but where to begin lol. And today I read you blog and hear about your obedience and how God has blessed and will bless your ministry and it's almost an affirmation to my soul. I'm so looking forward to hearing about the spreading of His Word in Malta - you are in my prayer journal for sure - expecting great things for you in 2009!

Kathy said...

Hey Angela, I'm so excited for you and all that's going on. Just wanted to share this, too, because it relates to your post--Yesterday at church our minister launched January's theme of how God brings His seeds to fruition. He had a major announcement to illustrate the point. Fifteen years ago our church experimented with a VBS he had created called "Rome". Now, all these years later, it will be made known to approximately 1 million kids this summer through Group Publishing! Sometimes things take awhile, but it's all in God's timing, Amen?!

Christina said...

Wow!!!! What an inspiring testimony. I will pray and hopefully be able to help out financially soon. This is amazing how you wrote this study and then waited patiently for it to go where it truly belonged. These people are very blessed to have it and I am praying it continues to be used and make a difference.

Susan Skitt said...

Praise God! It's so good to be obedient to Him - always!

I will be praying for this wonderful ministry and that the Lord will bless all who take part in your study of the Word, especially in Malta!

P.S. Stop on by and feel free to invite friends. I'm having a give-away that end Jan. 14th!

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Hey! That's wonderful news. Thanks for the update and the encouragement. Blessings follow obedience!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff