Thursday, December 4, 2008

Split Pants by Chance?

6 comments
 

So this is a totally random post but I am just in the mood to start back up my consistency in blog world. Now everything I do does have spiritual significance so just bare with me.

I have a pair of pants that are so comfortable that I just love! They are Old Navy Cargo pants and I believe I got them the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago at a great price like around $10. Now nothing gets me more excited than a great deal. Their picture is above.

Well, unfortunately I got a rip on the back side of these near the top of the back pocket. I still wore them with a shirt that would cover it so no one would know. That was until yesterday!

I was on a play date at the mall. My precious child dropped something so I bent down in a strange way to get it and all I heard was, "RRRIIPPP." I thought oh know, the hole is now going to be noticeable. Thankfully I did have a longer shirt on than usual but when you are feeling a draft on a winter day in your pants then something is definitely wrong.

So, gracefully I tried to feel around for the damage on my backside not thinking it probably looked like I had a strange fascination with my backside. But to my horror I was correct in my thought. The hole was huge and not mendable.

I started praying about what to do and fast. My girlfriend with me said she could not see the hole but if my shirt slipped up it was way to obvious. One of my favorite stores was right next to us so I decided to go in there. STOP here for a moment with me. I have to confess that I have been really struggling with being a good steward of our money. I have been asking God to help me in this so I have stopped my buying of non-essentials for the most part. Back to the story.

I was so surprised to see a whole rack of $40 pants on sale for $9.99. I was so thankful and snatched up a pair to put on to cover myself from the draft! They fit perfect and I was so pleased with them. They were not my cargos but they were nice. Here is a picture of them.
Everything is fine up until this point. I got such a high from the great deal that I ended up buying two more pair of pants, a sweater and a vest. My total which should have been $10 now became $60! Now that is the problem. When will I ever learn?

Lord, please help us all to be good stewards of what You have given us. Forgive us when we are not. We love You and want to follow You with everything, even our blessings.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I love this post!!!
I too am really trying to not spend on things that aren't necessary.
What a scary incident though!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad no one saw your undies. I would have turned 10 colors if it had been me. I can so relate to overbuying without even setting out to do it. I am trying to stay out of the stores which is complicated this time of year. I did very good on black Friday and did not buy anything for me except for a $3.00 pack of slippers!

Faith said...

Ohhh, good deals are hard to turn down, eh? I feel you on that! I'm trying to be disciplined and wise in buying for our babies; not always easy!

And thanks so much for your prayers. :) God has really been answering!

Susan Skitt said...

Oh girl, I am so with you on this one. I constantly pray that I would be a better steward and then I blow it time and time again. Then I feel terrible and often take and item or two or more back to the store and waste gas and time in the process...

As for your pants spliting - oh my! That must have been awful!

ocean mommy said...

I hear you on this one. I have just stopped shopping unless Chad is with me!

Love you and love your honesty here!

steph.

Kara Akins said...

Well, at least you didn't have ants in your pants! What's up with you and all your "pants" stories? I see a pattern starting to begin. Good thing you got some extras!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff