Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Book Review: Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes by Bailey

0 comments
 


I loved this book! It really opened my eyes to the Scriptures in a new way which in turned God used to grow my faith stronger. Reading Scriptures through westernized eyes makes it hard to understand some of the original context. You lose some of the awe of the word when you miss the original cultural context. I often find myself wondering what the original hearers thought about it and what specifically this may have meant to them. This book helps bridge that gap.

The author grew up in the middle east so he knows the culture and history well. In this book he helps the reader understand key texts from the gospels in this context. It is brilliant. I believe this book should be read by any student who desires to carefully study the Bible. When we rightly understand the proper original context we can then better practically apply it to our contemporary situations. 

I, personally, was challenged, stretched, and inspired by reading the word of God in cultural context. This is a book that I will keep on my bookshelf to reference again and again. It is worth your time and money. 

The author has other titles available as well which I believe would also prove helpful to our understanding of Scripture. You can get this particular title here on Amazon.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff