Friday, May 20, 2016

Video Game Review: The Aetherlight: Chronicles of the Resistance

0 comments
 



 Parents, if your kid has ever wanted a video game, this is the one for you. Go get it here.

When I was asked to review a video game I was not really sure if it was something I wanted to do because I am a book reviewer and have never reviewed a video game before. However, I am really glad I did.

This game is brilliant. It is for anyone but the target age is tweens. Having a tween of my own I thought it would be good to check out. My tween plays Minecraft and Lord of the Rings. So as I spent hours testing it out I had her by my side helping me and playing. She has also given it the stamp of approval and says, "This is a clever game that I enjoy playing."

It is a little like a mix between the two games I mentioned above because you craft things but you also follow along in the adventures. You are given tasks to complete that you must think through. It is a problem-solving game in this way which we both like.

There is also a good cooperative benefit of playing this game. It is nice to have players fight the battles together making it easier to defeat the enemy, just like real life. There is also a section of open chat. There are some filters here and parents have the ability to allow or not allow their child to have chat. I was testing the features and if you say something that is not okay they are monitoring and will mute the player who takes advantage of this setting. The benefit of this open chat is the enhancement of cooperative play. I was able to defeat a harder section because a couple of players agreed to fight alongside me.

The best part of this game is that it has an element of mystery that points to the Scarlet Man. It is pointing to Jesus in allegory. There are tasks that are done that relate to the unfolding Biblical story. I am very curious to see how all of this unfolds in time. The game only has episode one available at this time but episode two is coming soon. There is a book and pages you collect in game that starts unfolding this story and compares it to Scriptures. It is really clever.

The game also emails the parent and encourages the parent to discuss certain things with your child. This is really unique and different from other video games as well. It is a spring board for deeper discussion so instead of mindless game time it is video gaming with a purpose.

The game is free to play up to a point, then it is $9.99 for all of episode one. There are new tasks added all the time. It is a very reasonably priced game.

The graphics are really good. You benefit in the game by helping. It is a parent's dream for a video game.

I encountered a small problem with my character and the tech team was super friendly and quick to resolve the issue. All around I am impressed and look forward to where this game goes.

Parents, if your kid is allowed to play video games, get this one. You will not regret it.

I did receive episode one of this game free of charge for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff