Thursday, April 2, 2015

Some Words on Autism from My Autistic Child and Her Sister

0 comments
 


Above is my family. We look "normal" on the outside but honestly our home is anything but "normal." It is complicated living with special needs which we all have at varying forms but God is the one who helps us to love better experiencing the difficulties we experience together.

Since today is world autism day, I asked my two daughters to write something about autism.

From the oldest:

"Having a sister with autism is a bit tough sometimes. By "tough" I pretty much mean she's tough to understand. Sometimes she will whine about something that i don't quite know why she cares so much about it. Sometimes it is hard to know if she loves or cares about me. She usually needs a lot of attention from her big sister. :)
And even though you don't quite know what's going on in her head, and even though she doesn't show it, she gets sad too. When she is sad she usually does not show it, she likes too remain happy, all the time, everyday. The times she does show it, I imagine her as a shy five year old little girl with her big brown, puppy eyes. :)
I get angry with her a lot. Mostly because I don't "understand." Even though I don't understand her most of the time, I love her so much, with all of my heart."

From the youngest:
Being autistic is sometimes hard, uneasy, confusing, and odd. And some of us act different, walk different, talk different, and look different. Now I’ll walk you through these things step by step. Today we will talk about how we are made perfect in God’s eyes.

Now, have you ever looked in the mirror and thought to yourself “I am not beautiful.” If you have, that’s a LIE. A lie sent to you by the Enemy. Scripture says, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. This means we are Beautiful, In HIS eyes. And God did not make a mistake when he made you, he made you with love and respect. He cares for us even when we are feeling odd and ugly. We are all made with love even non autistic people. LOVED. Loved by HIM. CARED. Cared by HIM. BEAUTIFUL. You are not ugly, odd, or weird, you are BEAUTIFUL. You are perfectly made, even when people say “You’re ugly”. You should not believe that you are ugly, weird, or stupid. You are God’s Child. And God is the best parent you can get. 
Being different does not always seem easy, some people don’t want to be around different people. Some of us Talk different, Walk different, Act different, all of the above. But it does not mean we do not fit in, we are just…… Special, Awesome, And God made us different for a reason. A great reason. This is to help people that are different understand being autistic. And one reason I know a lot about being different, is because I have autism. 
 
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  
                       1 John 3:1

Happy Autism DAY!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff