Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Book Review: China's Reforming Churches by Baugus

0 comments
 


I have to start off with a confession, I did not make it the entire way through this book. I am very interested in books on mission. I love mission stories, strategies and the like very much. Reading this book, to me, was like chewing on stale bread crumbs. It was not very easy to read for the lay person. Perhaps it was not for a lay person like me.

My pattern was to pick it up and read but then I was forced to put it down. However, for the scholar or historian it may prove to be delightful. I imagine it for that type of audience and I may have just jumped into something I was not rightly ready for.

The book is broken up into essays by different writers which should have made it easier to read at points. It is filled with the history of mission to China then ends with mission today. It focused on the Presbyterian churches and mission to China.

With all that said, I do think it is a book that could be helpful but you just have to be the right kind of reader for this specific title.

You can receive a copy of this book from Amazon here.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff