Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Review: Reclaiming Love by Ajith Fernando

0 comments
 
I received a copy of the ebook at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

I loved this book so much! I am not sure how to even express it rightly because words cannot even do justice to the fact that I adored this title. I have for years now been struggling with what love was suppose to look like for a Christian and this book just solidified all I needed to hear. It was amazing balm to my soul.

The author takes a look at mainly 1 Corinthians 13 but keeps it within context of the overall writings of Paul. It was very eye opening, and convicting, challenging, and grace packed all at the same time. I am a better person in HIM for reading it and I am certain it is one I will need to read again. I especially loved how the author unpacked the Scriptures and explained them little by little.

He used great examples through stories of what this is suppose to look like fleshed out. He also took time to correct some main misconceptions about what love looks like. I do recommend this book for all Christians because God tells us we will be known by how we love. He is love. If we belong to Him and want to bring glory to His name we must get this concept and know how to rightly flesh it out before a dark and dying world.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff