Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Psalm 119 - Week 21

0 comments
 

 It is a new year and so many people want to get into a new reading plan of the Bible. That is always a good thing. His word is so rewarding and it would benefit everyone if people would just get in the habit of reading it and knowing it for themselves. Psalm 119 is a great passage to study to help you love His word more. 

We have only two more looks at it until we are finished. I did not get to memorize like I liked. However there are some great prayers through out and I love how they enrich my prayer life. 

ש
Sin and Shin

161 Rulers persecute me without cause,
    but my heart trembles at your word.
Do you trust even in times when it looks like all things around you are falling apart?

162 I rejoice in your promise
    like one who finds great spoil.
Do you treat His word like a great treasure? Do you rejoice over it? I pray so!

163 I hate and detest falsehood
    but I love your law.
Do you hate falsehood like the Psalmist? The very contrast of it is His law. Love it with your whole heart. Live it. Memorize it.

164 Seven times a day I praise you
    for your righteous laws.
Do you continually praise Him for His law? Sometimes after reading certain portions I just have to sit back and say, Wow, Lord, WOW!

165 Great peace have those who love your law,
    and nothing can make them stumble.
Do you live in that great peace that is given to you if you just trust Him and His word? Do you stumble around alot? His law is the way to stability. 

166 I wait for your salvation, Lord,
    and I follow your commands.
Do you wait on Him and His salvation? Do you follow Him as you wait?

167 I obey your statutes,
    for I love them greatly.
Do you obey out of love or obedience? Oh may we love Him so that we desire to obey because of that not in some legalistic attempt.

168 I obey your precepts and your statutes,
    for all my ways are known to you.
He knows indeed all of our ways and I find great comfort in that! Do you? Do we obey His word? Oh the depths of sacrifice Christ made so we could be washed and made whole. His word should be our very life line a love letter and instruction manual from Him our first love. Read it, love it, live it!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff