Monday, March 12, 2012

Psalm 119 - Week 9

0 comments
 

I have often heard people say, "God is good" after they receive a good report. When God answers a prayer the way they want this is also the response I hear. However, it is not often I hear it when something bad happens yet isn't God still the same good God? This next section is all about the goodness of God. David clearly sees God for who He is no matter the circumstance. This Psalm reflects that. This Psalm displays David loving God for who He is.

I want us to evaluate right now where we stand on this issue? Can we praise God for who He is not just for what He does for us?

Teth
You have dealt well with your servant,
O Lord, according to your word.
God has given us many promises throughout His word. Every promise is true. We can be thankful that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He does not change. He is the solid Rock we can always count on.

Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
for I believe in your commandments.
God's word does teach us good judgment and knowledge. We must hang tight to it! We must believe it!

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word.
I love this verse because David has enough maturity  to see that when God allowed affliction in His life, it brought Him back to God and following His word. It takes wisdom to see this in our trials. Any trial God allows is good for us and if we let it, bring us closer to Him in it.

You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.
I praise you God because you are truly the only one who is Good! We praise you for this. Help us learn your ways so we can follow in your steps according to your word. Let Your Spirit guide us.

The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law.These two verses are great as well because though people are saying bad things about him that are not true, he will still follow hard after God and His ways. This is how we should be too. We also must remember that those who slander have unfeeling fat hearts, hearts that are not focused on the good of others. Hearts that are not focused on the goodness of God. Even still David will delight in God's law. May we be a people who do that as well.
It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.

Again David is seeing the good in his affliction, how much more would we benefit if we could remember this in our trials. It is important to remember too because this is the second mention of affliction being a good thing for us in this Psalm.
.
The law of your mouth is better to me
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.Can we honestly say God's law, His very word to us is better to us than anything else in the world? This is my prayer for us! May we be a people who love His words more than life itself!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff