Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Book Review: Spiritual Warfare For Women by Leighann McCoy

1 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I really enjoyed this book. Too often we forget that our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the powers of this dark world. When we forget this our families or people can become our enemy. We need to be conscience of the fact that the enemy is wandering around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. He does not fight fair. He will use offense to cause division in our lives with one another.

This book is a reminder of this and a call to really be serious about protecting our homes and churches. We must choose to live the way Jesus intended for us to live. We must pray for our children and husbands. We must read HIS word and keep it readily available to us. We have to renew our minds continually. The enemy will try to stir things up. I loved how this book was a reminder of these things to me.

This book is very Scriptually based. In fact the author gives verses she suggests we memorize after each chapter. It is broken up into discovering who our real enemy is, what he targets, who we are in Christ. It is a good read and one I do recommend.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So tell me know ... how long do you have from the time you receive a free book to the time you have to comment on it? And what if you really DO NOT like the book and want to write that you would never recommend it - can you do that? I'm considering signing-up but I am afraid I'll get overwhelmed and to be honest there are some authors I just won't touch - you beautiful thoughts would be appreciated my friend - thanks :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff