Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The October T.V. Fast Update

0 comments
 
We are six days into this T.V. fast. Let me clarify for fairness we still have some media going here and there. The children can earn a show to watch (with no commercials) if they earn it but not everyday. We can watch a movie together as a family time option if we chose this.

My husband and I are limiting our computer time in this fast. Basically we are putting priorities back in order and learning to reconnect as family. We are learning to do more things together and really enjoy one another. We have some games we like playing, activities we like to do, and talk more. We didn't watch a ton of T.V. in the first place but did let it pour into us. There is alot of garbage on T.V. and as we let it pour into our home is starts to seep into our hearts. When those things are in our hearts that is not good. It is failing to guard our hearts like the Bible challenges us to do. So know we are guarding our hearts.

So far I have seen such progress. We are detoxing I can tell because of some of the things that come out of our mouths. That attitude of entitlement that grieves me in my children is fading. Rebellion is fading as well. We are guarding hearts from these things going in. When only good things go in then only good things come out. I have been able to experience more of their creativity. They have time to do things they love to do instead of just flipping on the T.V. So far so good and I am so blessed to be doing this. Will keep you posted on how it continues.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff