Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Review - The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo

2 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher (Tyndale House Publishers) for the purpose of review.

The Devil in Pew Number Seven was a shocking story of redemption and grace. I did not expect what I got from this book. It has been an inspiring read about one families journey facing horrible adversity yet still responding the way that Christ calls His followers to respond. It is a rare thing to see these days. The humility and forgiveness that was displayed through this family just cannot help but move you to the very core of your being.

I personally have been challenged by it. First, I love this family. I love the way they taught and raised their children and am challenged by that. Also, I was greatly challenged by how they responded to an imminent and real threat toward their lives for the sake of the gospel. This happened in America! That was so surprising to me. It is hard to read a book like this and really give appropriate words to express its depth. I think anyone reading it would be better off than before. I believe it would help anyone struggling with unforgiveness as well. I was incredibly blessed by reading this.

To get a copy of this book from amazon go here. The Devil in Pew Number Seven

2 comments:

kara swafford said...

hey awesome idea about the thing about no tv in the month of oct. but i really can't say anything i watch all the halloween movies myself and the devil can really convince you to watch them because they are so interesting but i will really try hard not to watch them keep in touch with me at emkaraswafford@gmail.com and visit my blog www.illyskraftgarden.blogspot.com

illy said...

hey awesome idea about not letting your kids watch tv in the month of oct. but i watch the halloween stuff myself so i can't say anything and the devil can really convince you to watch the halloween movies because they are so interesting but thanks to you i will try hard not to watch them and worship the Lord more stay in touch with me at emkaraswafford@gmail.com and check out my blog at www.illyskraftgarden.blogspot.com

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff