Friday, February 12, 2010

Thin Places Kindle Contest - My Thin Places Today

2 comments
 

A thin place is any place that takes us to a real knowledge that our Savior is never far away. It is the places where that invisible curtain that is hung between Heaven and earth comes painfully close. So close that you know God is there.

Today I was blessed with three “thin places.” First, my husband has been dealing with some serious medical issues of the brain. These tend to kick in now and again. This is a time of great difficulty with this day being one of the worse. Yet I see God. I see Him sustaining my sweet man. I see my sweet man learning to trust more--learning to lean on His Savior. Heaven is much closer than we think.

Second, I was in a car wreck. My first one with my precious young children. The reality of life being a vapor is again realized. The realization that angels shielded us from a very bad scene amazes me. It was a thin place. A place where we see the protection of our Savior.

Third, though my husband is fighting a great deal of pain. Work systems have gone down. People are depending on them running and my hurting man is tirelessly working to get this right. It is a thin place. He knows he is not even able to think straight unless His Savior gives him the ideas of what needs to be done to fix this. The restoring power to work through systems gone down. God is right there with Him making it right.

2 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

How amazing that you had fresh thin places to share. Thanks for your story today.

Shelley said...

Wow Angela - I love the analogy of a thin place but I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this - but I am glad that you are dealing with it with your Saviour

Romans 5:3-4 has been my anchor this week

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

xx

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff