Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Simple Truths

2 comments
 
Here is a passage from Big Truths for Little Kids by Susan Hunt and Richie Hunt:

"Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother...When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, He said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into His home"(John 19).

"Jesus was so poor that He didn't even have a house for His mother." Daniel said sadly, "How kind of Him to think about her when He was in so much pain."

Now that is a profound statement. It really got me to thinking. Even in pain, Jesus was thinking of others. He was in the most intense pain anyone could experience, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. He carried it all in greater intensity than any of us know. Yet, He cared for others in such a way that He did not become self-focused on His raw and gnawing pain, instead He was making plans so that His mother would be taken care of. How beautiful that picture is to me.

How often I fail at this concept when I am in my various trials or forms of pain. Looking to this exact moment of the cross is one that I want burned into my mind so I can remember to stay focused on Jesus and His ways.

The greatest beauty of this pain bearing is that Jesus died and three days later rose from the dead beating sin and death! What a wonderful Savior we have who is acquainted with anything we can ever experience. He is so amazing. His love so grand.

Also, God can work through anything. This great lesson was brought to mind through a children's book. :) Love that even more.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You know what hit me as I was reading your comments - 3 days later He rose from the grave! Soon after that he spent 40 days with his disciples before he finally ascended - Jesus could have made arrangements for his mother during those days on earth - right.

But it was in his greatest time of pain and suffering that he truly reached out and provided for those he loved. During my times of pain and suffering i retreat - yet in those time - if I allow - Jesus could do His most tender work through me.

Loving learning at Home said...

What a wonderful webinar you gave today on HOTM. Your love of God is evident. Thanks again. I am now following you.

www.lovinglearningathome.blogspot.com

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff