Monday, January 25, 2010

Tea with Hezbollah by Ted Dekker and Carl Medearis

2 comments
 
I was provided with a free copy of this book by the publisher for the purpose of review.

Tea with Hezbollah was a very interesting read. I was certainly surprised at how little I really know about the middle east. I found this book to be very informative including even a glossary in the back describing important people and things discussed in the book. That aid was nice because it further explained who certain people groups were or what certain words meant that are foreign to the everyday reader. I however wish I knew it was there before I finished the book.

This book was interesting because it addresses the question of "Can we or do we know how to love our neighbor as our self?" So, going to the middle east and speaking to some of our perceived enemies was the objective in seeking an answer to this question. Due to the very real issue of terrorism in our world I found this concept to be a great idea.

If you are interested in putting a face to others in the middle east and their personal thoughts about life and America and if we can indeed keep with Jesus teaching on love then you need to read this book. It is interesting to me to get a glimpse at peoples thoughts on this very subjects. I think these interviews will be found interesting to all.

To get a copy of the book from the publisher go here.
To get a copy from Amazon go here.

2 comments:

Dave Wiley said...

great review...I am really excited about reading this book....I need to come by and visit you, I am getting behind on my reading =-)

Christina said...

This book sounds very informative. Definitely a subject I don't know about from a personal level.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff