Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween

3 comments
 

I love the fall. It is probably my favorite season. Yet there is one part of the season I dread. That is Halloween. Though I believe most participate in innocent fun, there is still a connection that this day has with evil. It is a very real evil that many of us fail to remember exists.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. ~Ephesians 6:12

My former pastor has written a great post on Halloween. What real evil is happening out there close to home. It is good info and a good read. Check it out here.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Girl! I like his article and definitely see where he's coming from. I thought you might be interested to read a little different persective. I just wrote an article a few days ago at
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-22353-Wabash-Valley-Christian-Living-Examiner~y2009m10d25-How-to-have-a-Christian-Halloween
(may have to cut and paste?) Anyway, I hope you're doing well, friend! :-) Love ya!

Sarah said...

I totally agree with you! Halloween is not even a special day at my house. We just go on like it's a regular day. My mom never let me and my siblings go trick-or-treating when the other kids did and I didn't know why. Then when I was older, she explained it to me. I'm so glad she kept me from that evil!

Shelley said...

I'm with ya

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff