Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whole Hearted Faith

2 comments
 

Today I have to share a book with you that I picked up. I told you my main area of concern was focus. God has given so much grace here. I have been able to stay focused on Him so much more lately. Maybe it is the accountability with you all. Maybe it is the true desire He is rewarding. Either way focus is good which makes fellowship with Him so much more sweet.

But girls it can be work to stay focused!!! YIKES. This world screams for our attention in so many ways. But I have noticed with me taking these steps it has also shifted our family focus as well. This is a great thing! Momma does set the tone for the home. So I need to continue to be this example for my family.

So, the book I picked up is Desiring God by John Piper. I cannot believe I have never read this treasure before but it is so good so far. It is all about God being our focus. God has to be our primary goal in everything. He is enough and He is not too much. He is all we need. Good stuff.
Lifting a prayer for those of you on this journey!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In reading another book about parenting that talked about focus, I realized how "off" my focus has been. This sounds like a great follow up to the book I'm reading now. Thanks for the tip!

Susan Skitt said...

We sing an old chorus at our church, my mom and dad would sing it at home too when we were growing up - ah, can't get the tune to come across here but these are the words:

He is all I need, He is all I need, Jesus is all I need, He satisfies, every need supplies, Jesus is all I need.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff