Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whole Hearted Faith

3 comments
 






Okay now here it goes with the whole hearts for God challenge going on at Leigh's blog. I posted a little last week but this is a thing we are going to do on a weekly basis to encourage one another one in this pursuit. What is it that is keeping you from Whole Heart Devotion?

Seriously this is a daily thing for me. I get so distracted on what seems to be a daily basis. Things like media including the Internet or face book seem to steal my time away but I voluntarily give it to these things. So for me at this moment I believe God is wanting me to learn to focus all my thoughts, all my time, everything on Him. Doing that is making those things that are most important to Him first.

So for me this will be a finding balance in my walk type of journey. I will be getting to KNOW Him more (not for writing or speaking but for ME) and as I focus on that I will continue to walk it out. I love a little book called, "Practicing the Presence" by Brother Lawrence. He got this and lived it. That is what I want. Even with all things crying for my attention it is possible.

So pop over to Leigh's blog if you are interested in joining the journey.

3 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

"even when all things are crying for my attention" so true for me today!!! Sometimes I need the Lord to shout out His love!! Thanks for joining the journey!! much love Angela - Leigh

Susan Skitt said...

So true Angela, we do get distracted. Thanks for the reminder to keep our focus on the Lord.

P.S. I'm having a special guest author with her book "Face of Faith, discovering a different kind of makeover" on my blog tomorrow. I know you'll be blessed by her interview.

Kay Martin said...

Focus on the main thing has been my theme for many years. In our world there are so many glittering loud attractive distractions all about us we have to intentionally choose the best thing that pleases our FAther in Heaven above all else.

Love your new look...not so new; but it looks great.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff