Monday, May 14, 2007

Motherhood Challenges

1 comments
 
Lately I have been greatly challenged by this God assignment of motherhood. I always am reminded of the need of wisdom from God. God will give me the wisdom to get through this if I ask Him. He knows these children better than I can just as He knows us. I do have to persevere in parenting and never give up. Parenting grows our faith walk with God. Much of this is faith based. Are the seeds we are planting growing? Why does it seem I have to redirect 100 times a day? Is anyone listening? Am I even making a difference at all? Questions plague us day by day. I happen to be going through a more difficult season. I am taking it in stride. Obviously there are great things that God is trying to teach me through these precious little ones. They are the best tool He has to teach me, mold me, break me, humble me, stretch me, and bless me. I am thankful for that. I am in the trenches with all of you and as I write this am lifting any of you up in prayer who may read this. Motherhood is a tough task. It is one of life's greatest challenges yet one of life's greatest blessings! From this challenging stage I am going through I will just take a moment to share a quick scene with you. I hope it will bring you a good laugh. First I must preface with I do not normally pinch my children. I think I have used this technique maybe three times and only to get their attention. No children were harmed in the making of this story. However a mother was emotionally damaged from the whole ordeal while crushing her pride!

As we entering Walmart gathering groceries a slapping/hitting war was under way between the two children. The referee, aka mom, had to break these episodes up many times, more than she could count. Finally a swift warning was issued. "There will be no hitting or slapping whatsoever-those are not good manners and someone will get hurt." The children decided that when the referee was looking this behavior would not be acceptable but when she turned away-a hit. Finally at the check out line the following episode took place.

Mother puts groceries on the register.
Hannah loudly screams: AWWWW!
Mother turns and looks-Kaitlyn quickly moves back from the offense.
Mother gives stern look trying to use the power of her eyes to correct child.
Kaitlyn gives mischievous grin. I believe she thinks mother cannot regain control in this enviroment.
Mother turns again. Another blow is made behind mother's back.
Mother gives an attention getting pinch to the offender.
Kaitlyn loudly for the entire surrounding area to hear: OW! Why did you pinch me. Wailing takes place. Loud continual wailing.
Mother: Apologizes to the lady at the register.
Hannah trying to over shout her sister starts in knowing she is also at fault: Don't pinch me mama! Don't pinch me! Please don't pinch me!
Mother embarrassed continues to try to keep her composure and get the groceries paid for and into the cart so we can make a quick escape.

Well this is just one of the fun episodes from this week. Stay tuned, it may be good medicine to share more as I cry this out! God is good though and is teaching me to persevere and to fall face down before Him. He has the answers and will get me though this season!

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

I can just see you in that checkout lane!!! I've been there and it's no fun, but it does make for a good laugh later. ( When the cute offenders are in the cute little pj's and sleeping soundly!! ) Love you girl, you bless my heart. :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff