Sunday, October 11, 2015

Book Review: Writers to Read by Wilson

0 comments
 


This was an excellent read. Not only did I learn things about some writers with whom I am already familiar but also learned about some new authors I am now excited to read. This book is a great addition to your bookshelf because it expands your knowledge by taking the time to explore the minds and examples of others who excel at their craft. 

Each chapter covered a different writer, included a short biography, and gave detail about the things they wrote. At the end of each chapter there was a section that stated, "if you cannot read anything else, then read these books by this author." I have made a wish list of these recommended books and cannot wait to get started.

If you are a writer, it is wise to read other writers. It works as a type of mentoring. You can only improve your craft by studying others. This book is a good place to start. I definitely recommend it.

You can get a copy of this book from Amazon here.

I received a copy of this book at no charge for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff