Monday, June 2, 2014

The Gospel and a Women's Work

0 comments
 



145 women submitted articles on this topic. They articles basically fell into five common categories. This is the compiled article on the gospel coalition site regarding those. There is so much we do as women! I think this is why I have such a heart for women's ministry.

Here is my article about the gospel and work.

What do I do every day? This question is almost comical to me regarding my work. I am a mom who stays at home with her three children. Not only that but I homeschool them. I am also the manager of the home; keeping things running. I am the lover and encourager of my husband. I am a blogger, writer and teacher. I have many roles and responsibilities to play well; people are depending on it.
As a homemaker, I take care of my home which requires much cleaning, cooking, teaching, and loving.

As a homeschool teacher, I teach my children the things they need for a well-rounded education.

As a manager of the home, I get to manage meals, budgets, and schedules.

As a wife, I get to keep my husband well-tended.

As a blogger and writer, I get to meet deadlines and encourage others around the world.

As a teacher, I get to disciple others in the word of God. I get to help foreigners understand English and American culture through ESL.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I do not like my work even to the point of resentment. Yet what I am realizing is that during those times, I do not have my eyes fixed where they need to be. I get overwhelmed because I lose control of how I think things should look on a given day. I do not like my work when I lose the focus of doing everything for the glory of God alone. This is where faith and work meet.
I must keep my eyes on Jesus when I am wiping a dirty butt. I must keep my eyes on Jesus when I am crying with my oldest over an algebra problem. I must keep my eyes on Jesus and trust that my child with special needs will eventually be okay in adult life. This is where my work and faith meet.

It is imperative we understand that God is sovereign. We must be flexible to let God rule our day. It is wise to plan but even more so to hold those plans loosely because people get sick, accidents happen, and life changes. We live in an unpredictable world, holding our plans loosely will help us find joy in all of our work.

In the many stresses of my work I am reminded that I need a Savior! I am desperate for one to save me from myself! If I can capture those frustrations quickly enough they can be replaced by the affections of Christ. He lived on this earth in flesh like me, He understands it, He chose me, He even chose my good works, I just need to trust and walk in them. I need to trust He lived perfectly what I could not. The pressure is off whether I am doing work that I naturally love or work that is messy and I would not chose, either way I can trust and walk and do it all for the glory of God because He chose me and loves me. He did the unthinkable for me so no matter how hard the work I am given, I can do it in Him because He gives me strength.

As women it is important we do not isolate in times of frustration, we need community to help point us back to Christ when our eyes veer away from Him. We need one another no matter our position in life, women are very relational and we need to support one another in our work, whatever it is. This is when things are truly meaningful in regards to our faith and work; women walking together shoulder to shoulder for the greater glory of God despite our differences and roles we play.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff