Thursday, May 23, 2013

Adoption and Ethics -- Our Story

0 comments
 

Our new completed family for 2013. Will not say we are complete for any other time because you never know what God has in store. Remember, Isaiah Dakota William Parsley just came to us out of no where!




There has been much written lately in the blogosphere about adoption and ethics lately. Apparently there has been some criticism of Christian adoption? What in the world!? Criticism seems to happen every time people set out to do good in Jesus name. There is an attack. This evil world and those who follow the pattern of this world do not want to see good things done in HIS name. It makes sense though His word clearly teaches, "Remember what I told you: "A servant is not greater than his master."If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also," John 15:20.


It is sad but a great reminder that this is not our home. Our citizenship is in Heaven and this life here and now is just a small blip on the timeline of history. I want to make it count for something in HIS name, bringing Him all the glory. He is CHRIST in me the hope of glory. I walk this all out in Him.

Ethics are important to address and maintain in adoption. Regarding our adoption story. Well it is heart wrenching now. With adoption a brokenness accompanies. We fought to give these kids the security they needed when no apparent change was happening with the birth family. We came to an agreement to work out this new relationship with them. We are not required to ever see them again by order of the law, but the law of love overrides the law of the land. We agreed to see them with their birth children as long as they want. We essentially are tied together for the sake of family and adoption. This was our arrangement in love.

We set up a date to have a big reunion of all the family per the birth families request. A reunion where we would do photographs and celebrate family. A time of being together to celebrate life. Everyone showed up but the birth parents. It broke my heart. We had not heard from them for a while now. We continue to try to contact but nothing. I am not sure what next steps to take in this matter however whatever they are they must be done in love and dignity. I am praying they are ok. I am praying they are looking to Christ. Will you pray with us? Also that we have the wisdom as how to proceed in this situation? Relationships are messy. They always will be on this Earth.

I want his birth parents to know they are valuable. They are brave. I admire their sacrifice. I want them to know I love them and consider them part of our family. I want them to know God loves them so much. I want them to know they are important to us and important to their children. I imagine this is a hard time for them. They are not failures as they may be tempted to think. They made a hard sacrifice for the benefit of another's well being and good. That is love. The most loving thing a parent can do.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff